This documentation was deprecated 08/01/17. Information here may be incomplete or out of date.
Configuring Magento to sync with Whiplash
Enabling a synchronization between Magento and Whiplash consists of three main steps:
- Creating an API user to give Whiplash access to your products and orders in Magento.
- Adding your API user to your Whiplash account.
- Installing the Whiplash module into your Magento store to enable realtime synchronization.
Step 1: Creating an API user in Magento
- In your Magento admin, go to System -> Web Services -> Roles
- Add New Role
- Set the Role name to Whiplash
- On the left under Role Information, select Role Resources
- Resource Access should be Custom, and turn on Catalog, Sales, Catalog Inventory, and Directory
Resource Access example
- Go to System -> Web Services -> Users
- Add New User
- Account info should be as follows:
New User Example
- User Name: whiplash
- First Name: whiplash
- Last Name: fulfillment
- Email: email@example.com
- API Key: A password of your choosing. Must be a mix of letters and numbers with no spaces.
- API Key Confirmation: Same as above
- Save User
- On the left under User Role, select Whiplash Fulfillment
- Save User
Step 2: Adding your API user to Whiplash
*Note: Default paths are as follows. If you're installation is in a subdirectory, it will need to prefix your path.
- In Whiplash, go to Account -> Preferences
- In the Shops tab, add Magento as an E-commerce platform
- Enter your domain, path*, and the credentials from the API user you created in Magento
- Hit Save & Sync
- Community 1.6.2 and below: index.php/api/xmlrpc
- Enterprise 1.13 and above: /api/xmlrpc
At this point, products and orders will be imported into Whiplash nightly. Continue to step 3. for real-time sync.
Step 3: Installing the Whiplash module into Magento
Install instructions for the module are on the github repo